Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lost In Translation

Speaking and understanding Spanish has gotten so much easier. Today at lunch, I had a conversation with 3 Spanish people who were so sweet! It's such great practice, and one even complimented my espanol. :)Although we're all learning so much Spanish here, some things do get lost in translation. For example, my friend Matt was trying to ask someone what she wanted, but instead said, "Te quiero," which translated to 'I love you.' It was really funny, but thank goodness they are understanding and helpful when we make mistakes. Also, I went to do my laundry the other day, and ended up using 'suavizante' or softener instead of detergent. Now my clothes smell very strongly of flowers and aren't clean. Haha, you live and you learn.

More importantly, the PASTRIES here are to die for. I struggle to not get more than one napolitana chocolate everyday!


Aside from desserts, we try to fill our time with lots of adventures. A few days ago, a group of us went to the Valencian aquarium (Oceanografic). The arquitecture of the building alone made me want to go and visit! My personal favorites on the inside though were the penguins and the walrus tank.


Lexi and I on the way to the aquarium!

No comments:

Post a Comment